Monday, March 27, 2023

Creative Critical Reflection: Group Meetings

 CCR: Group Meetings

    Hey everyone! I am back with an update on my Creative Critical Reflection. So, as you all know, I have had some doubts on what two media products I should choose to create my CCR. Well, I am pleased to say that I have officially chosen my two options, and I have chosen them with the help of a group meeting that my AICE Media Studies teacher created in class today. 

Group Meeting: Discussions 

    The purpose of the group meetings is to be able to share your ideas and give feedback to your peers. So, during the group meetings, i decided to take advantage of the fact that we were receiving feedback and decided to express my concern/ doubt on my CCR options. I told my group that I wanted to choose two options that were the least time consuming, but that were also the most engaging options. I was looking for a balance between these two options, so I was not sure where my CCR was headed. 
    My peers were telling me that they recommend the talk show option and the presentation with a voiceover. I was told that the presentation with a voiceover would go well with the first two questions that I have to answer for the CCR. While the presentation does not require me to stand directly in front of the camera, it will have its visual aspects with the commentary, making it an engaging option. This option also would not be as time consuming as other options because it does not require any storyboard planning to film anything. 
    They also recommended the talk show, because during the interview sections, I did not have to look directly at the camera since it is normal to look at the "host" of the talk show. This would also mean that I would not have to memorize any lines of my responses, especially considering how complex the answers may be. My only doubt with these options is that I would have to plan out the shots, since I have to actually film this, and that I would need another actor to play the host of the talk show. However, I could just ask a family member or a friend to help me out with the part. Even though this would be engaging, I would not want to rely on finding another actor to help me out, so I will be doing an interview where I read the most trending questions about me or my production. The only thing is that I have to memorize what I will say because I would not want it to look like I am reading off something. I just want it to seem natural, like a normal interview. 
    So, my final options will be the presentation with the voice over and the interview.

Moving Forward

    Having the options that I have now chosen; I have to begin working on my CCR. For the presentation with the voiceover, I will be using PowerPoint, since I am experienced with using it, and it has a voiceover option, making it easier to work with. For the interview, I want a plain background with just a few props that may help give away the idea that the video is an interview. For now, I will be finishing up my answers that I typed out for each question, and then modify them as I begin working on my actual CCR. 
    Anyways, that is all for now as I wrap up the planning process for my CCR. Stay tuned for my next update on my CCR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

  Film Opening     Hey everyone! Here's the link to the final film opening! Film Opening