Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Creative Critical Reflection: Current Progress

 CCR: Current Progress

    Hey everyone! I am back with a progress update on my CCR. So, as you may remember, I chose to do a presentation with a voiceover, and then an interview that is self-run, like a Q and A session. So, I will first be talking about the approach to begin working on the CCR, and then how I began working on the actual two media products, and then what my next step would be. 

Approach to the CCR

    Starting a big portion of the Cambridge Portfolio Project is definitely overwhelming to think about, and a lot of time has to go into the CCR. So, I took a few days to think about how to start the CCR, since there is so much to it. I ended up deciding to type up my responses to the four questions of the CCR...

    - Question 1: How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

    - Question 2: How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

    - Question 3: How did your production skills develop throughout this project? 

    - Question 4: How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?

    I typed these answers onto a word document so that I could make the rest of the process easier for myself. I have inserted screenshots of the word document below...






    So, as you can see from the screenshots, some sentences are red, and others are highlighted yellow. I used some color coding to help organize my thoughts onto the word document, and to prevent myself from getting confused. So here is the rundown of what the colors mean: 

    -White: Any white sentences just mean that they are part of my response for the questions. (Nothing too special behind the meaning of this)

    -Red: Any red sentences mean that they are research that I took from either previous blogs or other websites. These will help me when I have to cite where I got my information from. 

    -Yellow Highlighter: Any highlighted sentences mean that they are one of the four questions I had to answer, or titles for other sections of information to avoid confusing myself. 

Media Product #1: Presentation w/ Voiceover

    Anyways, after typing up my answers for each question, I knew that I had to begin transferring the information onto my first media product for the CCR, being the PowerPoint Presentation with the voiceover. For the PowerPoint, I knew that I did not want the slides to look super busy, but I still wanted them to look appealing with a variety of color, resembling Stella's bright character. I also chose to do this in order to make the presentation engaging. I used the following colors: yellow, green, orange, blue, pink, and white. Below, I have a video of the PowerPoint (without the voiceover) to show you all how the slides are looking as of right now...


    I still have some things to add, and some things to remove from the PowerPoint, but I wanted you all to be able to really see the progress, and see the changes I make along the way, so I decided to share what I currently have. For instance, I want to remove some words to make it more concise and add the citations for the research I did. From here, the only thing I am missing is to edit the PowerPoint a bit more and create/ add the voiceover onto the presentation. 

Media Product #2: Interview

    Moving on to the interview of the CCR, I decided to write the script for the dialogue I will be using during the recording of the interview. All I did was edit my responses from the word document, modify the language to make it sound natural for an interview and put it in script form. Below I have screenshots of my script that I created, that I will be using during filming to guide the production process... 







    While I did modify the language before transferring the responses, I still will be revisiting the script just in case there are any mistakes that I missed before. However, from what I have seen so far, there isn't too much that I have to change. But having the script ready for now, means that my next step would be the production process, where I film all of the shots that I have to film for this interview to come to life. So, soon I will have to film the scenes for the interview, and I will have to record the voiceover for the presentation. 

    Anyways, I will be moving on to filming/ recording what I need to for both of the media products for the CCR. So, stay tuned for my next update on my progress as I work through the CCR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

  Film Opening     Hey everyone! Here's the link to the final film opening! Film Opening