Sunday, February 12, 2023

Cambridge Portfolio Project - First Step!

Cambridge Portfolio Project - Week 1

    Hey everyone! I am back on here to share with you guys the process I will be going through as I approach the Cambridge Portfolio project. I will share everything, from my thought processes to the steps I take, and to examples of my work. 

    As it may sound, the name of this project seems like a HUGE deal. Which, if you thought this, then you're right. When I first heard about the project and the overview on it, I freaked out a little bit. But I felt motivated to give it my best efforts. To fully understand what I should be doing to be successful in this project, I read the instructions SO many times. Like I don't think you understand. I feel like at this point I memorized at least half of the instructions after reading it so many times. 

    One of the main parts of this portfolio project is that I have to create a 2-minute film opening to any genre of film of our choosing. There are obviously other components to this project, but for now, I should focus on this one. The first step would obviously be to conduct research on different genres, but I wanted to first think about the genres I would be most interested in. So, after getting a full grasp on the instructions, I started thinking to myself about ideas for the opening. Specifically what ideas I would use for which type of genres. 

    A lot of my inspiration came from my AICE Media Studies teacher, who showed the class several examples of high scoring projects, which to be honest did come off as a bit intimidating. However, this only fueled my motivation.

    The first genre that came to mind was horror, because I feel that the techniques, I have learned in my media class will enable me to create the suspense necessary for the plot of the film to have. However, I also thought about other genres, like drama. I feel like with the right music, I could create a dramatic peace, like if the speed of the shots correlates to the beats of the song. 

    I will admit though, I haven't done thorough research on either of these genres, but I have programmed myself to do so during week 2 of working on this project. So, in this case, my main concerns in terms of research would be researching the genres of both horror and drama. So, for next week, I will be working on mainly genre research, learning more about its technical aspects, common plotlines, examples, etc. 

    Stay tuned with me for next week as I go more in depth with this project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

  Film Opening     Hey everyone! Here's the link to the final film opening! Film Opening