Saturday, March 11, 2023

Film Opening Project: Bedroom Scene Shot List

 Bedroom Scenes Shot List

    Hey everyone! I am back with a new update on the journey with the film opening project. This will be a continuation of my last post, as they are both related to the process of the bedroom scenes for the project (I will talk about the theater scenes later). So as you all know, I already introduced the props that will be incorporated in these scenes to represent Stella's personality and dreams.

Staying Organized

    Before shooting the bedroom scenes, I felt that it was very important to have my foundation of my ideas ready, so I originally thought of creating a storyboard. However, since these scenes are fairly short and while facing time constraints in my schedule, I decided to go with creating a shot list. 
    A shot list is very important because it reminds one of what exactly needs to be done. This allows the production process to run smoothy, as no thoughts are needed to come up with on the spot. This also reduces pressure of creating a quality product while filming, as all of the shots have been preplanned. It is definitely recommended to create some type of shot list, whether its digital or on paper.

The Shot List

    To show you all how simple it can be to organize your ideas with a shot list, I decided to include a screenshot of my digital shot list, which can be found below....


    To clarify the set-up of the shot list, on the left are my solid ideas for the shots within the scenes. However, any writing directed by red marks or arrows highlight my alternative ideas, or "Plan Bs", just in case the scenes need changes during the production process. This also gives me more flexibility for what I can film. Also, any writing in grey are just extra clarifications to remind myself of any other examples or just extra information that I may forget.
    Anyways, what I have shown you all above will be the main thing I will use during the production. Stay tuned for my next update on the production process!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

  Film Opening     Hey everyone! Here's the link to the final film opening! Film Opening