Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Film Opening Project: Discussion With Classmates

 Group Meetings

    Hey everyone! I am back with a new update on my film opening project process, but this step is a bit different from usual. For every other blog post, the information on the posts usually come from either me and Natalia's ideas or research, but today we received insight on our current progress from some peers. 

    We did this through group meeting in our AICE Media Studies AS Level class, where our teacher split up the class into groups to let us talk to each other about our project. In my group, we shared the URLs to our blogs while explaining our ideas and any issues we have been having to receive feedback from other classmates. I gave some feedback for each of my classmates' project, but in this post my main focus is to tell you all about the feedback I was give. 

What advice did my peers give? 

    When it was my turn to talk about my progress, I first gave everyone the URL of my blog so that they can read through it before I begin explaining it to them, so the idea is a bit clearer. I started off by introducing the genre I chose, drama, and the research I did for the genre. I briefly went through the blog posts I made that had to do with my research, and then moved on by describing the plot and the characters, as well as the thought process behind these decisions. I then made the connections back to my blog and showed them the blog posts relating to our schedule of the process. 

    I then moved on from talking about my ideas and moved on to any things that I was having trouble with or felt that I would have trouble with. I began talking about postproduction, like editing the opening or the credits. I expressed my doubts on where I should place the credits. My first option was placing the credits in between different segments of the opening, since I feel that it may make the opening flow better in a way. I also thought about just placing the credits in the beginning of the film opening, since the opening is more of a story rather than a montage, so I felt that a montage suits the spread-out credits rather than a consistent story opening. 

    My peers discussed it with me and helped me realize that credits at the beginning of the film opening may suit my film opening better. So, I definitely felt relief to have a final decision on that. I also expressed my concerns on using Adobe Premiere Pro as my editing software for the film opening project, since it has been a while since I last used it( its been 4 years!), and I have had trouble saving clips on that platform.

     However, my group reassured me and said that there are many great tutorials on YouTube to watch, going from basic techniques to more advanced ones. They also recommended that If I do not feel 100% sure about using Adobe Premiere Pro, then I could also switch to iMovie, which is known for being an easier platform to handle. While I have for sure decided what editing platform to use, this discussion gave me more options for the postproduction process. 

Future Plans

    With the feedback I was given, I know have a better idea of what my next steps should be, as well as how cohesive me and Natalia's ideas are for the film opening project. I will definitely look forward to more group meetings, as my teacher did tell the class that we will be having more group meetings. Anyways, that is how the group meeting went and I am excited for the next one. 
    Stay tuned for my next update on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

  Film Opening     Hey everyone! Here's the link to the final film opening! Film Opening